Sad, horrible thought
While watching Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion earlier, I had this sickening realization: were we that badly dressed in the late 90s? Well, okay that was one, appalling thought. The other one is, will our friendship fall apart because the common thread that held it together, which was our mutual hate for Metaphysics, isn't there anymore? Everyone seems to be in that proverbial next chapter of our respective young lives. Like, Tet has her own family now. Pam's off traipsing somewhere in Singapore (or she's probably back in Manila - see I don't know where the hell she is now!), Ina's doing wonders for the greater good (no, change there), Loids is somewhere doing something, and Anch, Monch and Trina are working up that corporate ladder. Yes, once in a blue moon, we still keep in touch with each other, but we have to admit that we aren't revolving in the same circle anymore, let alone the same country. Unless you let me know what's up with you guys, I wouldn't have any clue what's going on with you. It's different than how it was 6 or 7 years ago. Like if I bump into Loida at the ledge, I could tell something's up already. Moments later, Monch and Ina would arrive. Then, one of our EM boys would pass by and we'd start giggling inappropriately.
Good times, huh?
Even if those moments (or memories, if you will) are behind us now, I think it would seriously suck if we are completely off of each others lives, today or 40 years later. My eyes would probably glaze if any one of you start talking about the intricacies of your jobs (you guys know how much I hate Management, Economics and the like), but I'd like to think that in the event all 8 of us get to hang out again, it'd be just like how it was before. Or better, even.
I hope I'm making a whole lot of sense. The sight of a prosthetically aging Lisa Kudrow got my imagination running wild. When we're in our 80s and I remember to call you guys up, I don't want any one of you going, "Jo who?" Even at the peak of your Alzheimer's, that's still completely unacceptable!
Therefore, I hereby propose, again, that the 8 of us take a trip TOGETHER somewhere. It doesn't have to be this year or even the next. I just want us to have something to look forward to in the next 4 years (which is the maximum time until this proposal expires).
We're now open for destination suggestions.


2 Comments:
Yeaah... good times, those were. And to think, I consider my college friends (you guys of course!) as in my truest friends (mainly because I decided to be me in college after a really funky time in high school... but then again that's a long story). As I always tell Gwennie na when I'm in with my college friends, I feel "me". I really do. When I'm with other people (ie officemates, hs friends), it's different. Parang I'm not who I am, I'm not comfy. I always want to bolt asap. So weird. But I'm glad we do keep in touch somehow even via e-mail, blog, Friendster, etc. And am amenable to a trip together! Ooh. It's just the best thing for bonding. Top of my head, I can only think of Bora right now... but yes, I do want a bonding thing for once... you know, just to catch up on our lives since we all met last 16 June 1997. :)
Awww Monch. Don't worry too much about it. I really hope we all could meet up soon! We're in great need for some excellent bonding time.
Post a Comment
<< Home