Friday, March 21, 2003

Hey everyone!

I feel like writing a long entry today, but I just don't know what to write exactly. Heh. Btw 3ns, I got your card already! Mucho thanks! *mwah*

I can't believe I'm turning 23 tomorrow! Ew. I'm not exactly looking forward to it, not because I'm gonna be a year older tomorrow, but it's just been so chaotic here and I don't think I can really celebrate my birthday. Besides, what's there to celebrate?! I planned to watch Chicago for the nth time, then attend the anticipated mass in the afternoon, and have dinner at this Singaporean restaurant that's close to being one of my favorites in the city. But anyway, we might watch View from the Top though.. that new Gwyneth Paltrow-Christina Applegate flick.. but I'd want something classy too. *LOL* So I guess it'll have to be Chicago again. Let's just see if we'd be able to stick with my plan...

Yesterday, I don't think anyone was able to move around the city without getting blocked by protesters or stuck in traffic for hours. Those anti-war protesters would block major city intersections and when the cops arrived to "control" them, they would disperse and block another intersection in another point in the city. It's a crazy, vicious cycle! I find it a bit funny, but I also feel so bad for those cops na nga eh. I want to do some community service tuloy. *LOL* Kasi naman... they've been trying to control protesters since 5am or something! Can you believe they arrested about 1,400 people for misdemeanor charges coz they were disrupting traffic?! The police had to temporarily store them at a pier's warehouse! *LOL* And the "rally" didn't stop until dawn, I think. Not sure about that. When I looked out of the window around 11:30pm, a lot of them were still on the streets.

So tomorrow.. there's going to be *another* rally. I hope it's not as crazy as the one yesterday. But judging from the protesters' chants of, "We'll be back!" I doubt it'll be calmer. Plus, the news weather thing predicted some rain tomorrow in the afternoon til Sunday! *Glum* I know they said that rain would bring good luck on weddings, but is it the same for birthdays? Hee.

Speaking of weddings... I saw 3na's tag in Monch's blog. Tet's in HK now with her new hubby?! I don't know much about that virus thing going around, but I hope they're alright. Tetty!! Have a safe trip!

Ok, I think this is a long-enough entry. I better go back to sleep coz it's only 7:26am. Yes, I am awake. I'm not sleep walking/typing.

Toodles my sunshines!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home